Returns & Cancellations
- ‘Customer’ means any person or business who purchases Goods and Services from the ‘Supplier’
- ‘Goods’ means the articles specified in the Proposal or any part thereof, whether by means of sale, hire, rental or otherwise and whether the property of ‘The Graphene Company (London) Ltd’ T/A Graphenstone UK, or, distributed by ‘The Graphene Company (London) Ltd’ T/A Graphenstone UK as agents for another
- ‘Supplier’ means of ‘The Graphene Company (London) Ltd’ T/A Graphenstone UK, of 15G Speedwell Way, Border Valley Industrial Estate, Harleston, NORFOLK IP20 9EH
- If you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel a Contract (under the Consumer Rights Act 2015) during the period set out below. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or for any other reason you decide you do not want to keep the Goods, you can notify us of your decision to cancel that Contract and receive a refund. Advice about your legal right to cancel the Contract under these regulations is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- Your legal right to cancel a Contract arises on the date of the payment receipt. Your right to cancel the Contract ends after 30 (thirty) working days from the day after the day you receive the Goods.
- The Customer may cancel the Contract provided that the Goods are in their original condition (including packaging where it forms part of the Goods, for example boxed goods), paint pots or containers of product have not been opened, and any seals on the Goods remain unbroken. You cannot cancel your Contract in respect of Goods that are tinted, special orders or bespoke colours. If you cancel the Contract before delivery of the Goods, then you will receive a refund of the price paid of the Goods and any applicable delivery costs. If you cancel the Contract after receipt of the Goods, you will be responsible for the costs of returning the Goods to us.
- To cancel a Contract, you should contact The Graphene Company (London) Limited (details on graphenstone.co.uk) or email notification of cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation of a Contract is effective from the date of the phone call or when the e-mail is sent. You may wish to keep a copy of your cancellation notification for your own records. When we receive your cancellation, we will provide instructions for returning the Goods, including strict packaging requirements and instructions over specifically which courier company we would require you to use. Please note that a discretionary minimum charge of £20 as an administration fee for the return of the Goods, can be deducted from your refund.
- We will process any refund due as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 calendar days of notice of termination provided the Goods are returned and are in an undamaged and saleable condition.
- Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 you have a duty to take reasonable care of the Goods whilst they are in your possession. Where you have failed to take reasonable care of the Goods, we reserve the right to refund you less any amounts due by way of compensation to either repair the Goods or to cover any loss. For paint (cans) pots that have been opened, we reserve the right to not issue a refund.
Colour Paint and Coatings Disclaimer.
- All coloured paints are tinted specifically to order and as such cannot be returned. Standard white paints, including un-tinted primers and fillers can, if unopened, undamaged and in saleable condition, be returned in accordance with your legal rights within 30 days.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure all our mixed paints are consistent in colour, please be aware that Graphenstone paints are made using natural minerals and raw ingredients and there is always the possibility of slight colour variation of the base material both between batches and between product ranges. It may not always be possible to achieve a perfect colour match due to the variability of the natural mineral base. Colours produced will be within an acceptable tolerance.
- We take a control sample of every tub of paint tinted, along with the batch number and individual recipe in the Production Centre, to make sure that each individual pot is tinted within batch tolerance. We keep these colour tests on file for reference if there are ever any queries over colour accuracy.
- If using more than 1 pot/tub of paint, please ensure that you intermix between pots on application to ensure a consistent colour as paint batches may differ slightly. Please make sure you order enough paint for the project you are undertaking.
- We strongly advise you to order pre-mixed sample pots for testing on site prior to any colour order being placed.
- Please ensure that the paints ordered, are the correct colour and finish before application. Applying the paint is your acceptance that both the colour and the finish are correct, and no subsequent claims will be entertained.
- We will happily exchange or refund any products, except mixed and tinted paints, special orders, or custom-made colours.
Bespoke Colours & Colour Matching.
- All Bespoke Colour Matches ordered (for colours not available on the Graphenstone Colour Card ranges) are produced to order and are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Colour Matches are produced as close to the original colour as possible, using the colour range selections available at our Production Centre.
- When looking at using our Bespoke Colour and Colour matching service, we strongly advise you to order sample pots for testing on site prior to any colour order being placed.
- We are happy to accept colour swatches to ensure as close match as possible and strongly advise ordering a Bespoke Sample Pot to test prior to placing an order.
- Graphenstone paints are made using natural minerals and raw ingredients and there is always the possibility of slight colour variation of the base material both between batches and between product ranges. It may not always be possible to achieve a perfect colour match due to the variability of the natural mineral base. Colours produced will be within an acceptable tolerance.
- Colour matches and bespoke colours are made specifically to order using a mix of organic and inorganic metal oxide pigments to produce as close a colour match as possible. Whilst individual pigments are tested for colour fastness and stability, It is not always possible to know how specific pigments in dispersion, in particular quantities or concentrations, can behave or perform, where formulations can fall outside tinting software parameters.
- Graphenstone UK cannot be held liable for any issues or problems relating to performance and stability, colour retention, consistency of colour in the final application and aesthetics for bespoke colours supplied and all liability for the product performance will be passed onto the Customer.
Faulty Goods and Returns.
- If any of the Goods you purchase are damaged or faulty upon receipt, any complaint about the goods must be notified in writing to the Supplier within 3 days delivery of the goods. If the Goods (providing such fault is not a result of your negligence) is faulty, or if any of the Goods have been misdescribed, we may offer a replacement product or refund as appropriate, in accordance with your legal rights. Any claim for faulty paint will not exceed the price paid for the product.
- If you believe this to be the case, please contact the Graphenstone UK office (contact details on graphenstone.co.uk) or send an email containing details of the Goods and the issue to email@example.com.
- Where we offer a refund for faulty Goods, we will process any refund due as soon as possible. The refund will be applied to the account or card used for the original payment.
- To cancel a Contract, or to inform us of faulty or damaged Goods, you should contact Graphenstone UK office (details on graphenstone.co.uk) or send an email notification of cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellation of a Contract is effective from the date of the phone call or when the email is sent.
- Goods must be returned by using a carrier we specify and approve to you at the time. When you contact us, we will provide instructions for returning the Goods, including strict packaging requirements. A date can be arranged for our courier to collect the Goods from the address the Supplier delivered the Goods to initially.
- If required, the Supplier will require 48 hours from notification to arrange the collection, on your specified day within the working week – Monday to Friday only.
- Please note that a discretionary minimum charge of £20 as an administration fee for the return of the Goods, can be deducted from your refund.
- We will only accept returns if the product forms part of our current product offering at the time of return. Any discontinued or end of line products are neither refundable nor returnable.
Warranty, Disputes and Remedial works.
- All Graphenstone Products are covered with a 5-year warranty.
- The warranty will cover defective product for a period of 5 years after the application date and commences the day after the product is applied and is valid for products within the minimum storage date suggested on the TDS. For copies of the warranty, please ask your sales representative or contact the office.
- If a dispute arises leading to remedial works being required, correct procedure must be followed in accordance with the details outlined in the warranty. Where remedial works are required outside of the warranty terms, in the case of a dispute over labour costings, Graphenstone UK will, once all evidence is collected, follow current construction rate costing guidelines, outlined in accordance with the NBS system of construction specifications (M60), to describe the materials, standards and workmanship of a construction project.
- In no event shall the Supplier be liable for, nor be required to indemnify the buyer from or against any costs associated to equipment hire (e.g., scaffolding, plant hire), preliminary works, and any further works outside of the original painting specification.
- The Supplier will not be liable for any loss of use, loss of profits or loss of future contracts whether arising as the result of breach of Contract, negligence or other tort, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
FOR PRODUCT INFORMATION, PRODUCT TECHNICAL DATA SHEETS (TDS) AND MATERIALS SAFETY DATA SHEETS (MSDS), AS WELL AS APPLICATION ASSISTANCE, PLEASE VISIT WWW.GRAPHENSTONE.CO.UK